[CentOS] Multiple RAID support in CentOS?

Victor Padro

vpadro at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 01:39:06 UTC 2010

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me, I'm putting together a
Server for personal use, I want to virtualize a few servers(mail, web,
ssh) and use it as a NAS, but I have a question if I can use Multiple
RAID Arrays using the following HW:

Intel Xeon Quad Core X3430
ASUS P7F-M LGA 1156
- LSI MegaRAID(integrated)
- HighPoint RocketRAID 2640x1
2 Hitachi 500GB HDDs
4 Hitachi 1TB HDDs

I want to use one array with the 2 500GB HDDs in RAID1 for the OS and
for some VMs, and the other 4 1TB HDDs I want to create an array in
RAID5 or RAID10 for file sharing across my home Network.
I found a guide but it's a little bit outdated and it's for Debian...

Do you have any other pointer I can read/use?

TIA.

--
Linux User #452368
http://twitter.com/vpadro

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"