[CentOS] Recover /usr/lib/libc.a

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 30 06:54:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 08:14 +0200, Zvi Vered wrote:
> I did a mistake and erased libc.a from /usr/lib
>
> How can I recover it without reinstalling Centos ?

/usr/lib/libc.a is provided as part of the glibc-devel rpm.

If you merely erased the file with a rm command or something like that,
you can probably just download the glibc-devel rpm from your friendly
neighbourhood Centos mirror site, extract libc.a from it and copy it
back into /usr/lib.

Or you could download the glibc-devel rpm and use the rpm command with
the "--replacepkgs" directive to reinstall the whole rpm.

Either method should work.