[CentOS] [FYI] skype-2.0.0.72.nosrc.rpm

Nikita Izyumtsev

nikita.izyumtsev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:37:48 UTC 2010

Greetings!

I have been using statically linked skype for a while, but found it
uncofortable to install it in contraversion of rpm db, so I decided to
package it. You can get nosrc.rpm here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4043330/skype-2.0.0.72-1.nosrc.rpm

You can rebuild it in usual way, like that:

Install rpmbuild (if it's not installed yet):
sudo yum install rpmbuild

As an ordinary user, not root, create a directory tree based on ~/rpmbuild:
cd
mkdir -p rpmbuild/{BUILD,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}
echo '%_topdir %(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild' > .rpmmacros

Download and install nosrc.rpm:
cd ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4043330/skype-2.0.0.72-1.nosrc.rpm
rpm -i skype-2.0.0.72-1.nosrc.rpm

Download and install non-distributable*  tarball:
cd ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES
wget http://download.skype.com/linux/skype_static-2.0.0.72.tar.bz2

Rebuild binary rpm package:
cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS
rpmbuild -bb skype.spec

* Actually, skype is _redistributable_, pld-linux ships it on it's
spins, but as far I understood it is somewhat problematic to come to
agreement with Skype.

P.S: spec file is loosely based on pld-linux implementation

Nikita