[CentOS] Weird update problem

Tue Jan 5 10:41:34 UTC 2010
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

For some time now updates on my CentOS box had skipped exiv2.  Yesterday I
decided to do something about it, so I removed it - together with gwenview,
digikam and, IIRC, libexiv2.  That sounded reasonable, so I accepted the
removal, then re-installed gwenview and digikam, which, of course, pulled in
the two exiv2 packages.  The version number of exiv2 sounded familiar, but I
assumed that it would bring in the best-match version, and continued.  This
morning, seeing that more updates were announced, I ran update again.  To my
surprise, exiv2 was skipped, as before.

I'm curious as to what could be happening here.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group