[CentOS] centos IDM + sogo

Thu Jan 7 12:00:27 UTC 2010
Geoff Galitz <geoff at galitz.org>

Hello,

We are testing the Centos LDAP Directory Server but are running into issues
with applications (SOGo) authenticating against the LDAP system.  The crux
of my question is, can I just treat the Centos Directory Server as a generic
OpenLDAP configuration on the client side?

In more detail when I try to add account via ldapadd:

--------------------------------
ldapadd -f sogo.ldif -x -W -D cn="Directory Manager",dc=XXX,dc=de
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: No such object (32)
        matched DN: dc=XXX,dc=de

It is my understanding that this means the "Directory Manager" user was not
found.  User authentication does not work from SOGo, at all.

Any pointers?

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Germany
http://www.galitz.org/