[CentOS] Weird update problem

Tue Jan 5 14:33:05 UTC 2010
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 12:06:54 Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/05/2010 12:00 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> yum clean metadata; yum repolist ; yum -d9 list exi\*
> >
> > exiv2-devel.i386                   0.19-1.el5.rf                 rpmforge
> >
> > rpmforge.repo is enabled, but is priority 5 - could this be a priority
> > problem?
>
> the -d9 should give you a lot more info, lots lots more. You'll need to
> parse that to work out whats going on - or put it on pastebin.centos.org
> and post the url here in the mailthread. Someone might be able to help
> with details.
>
> It should only have package info, but some people consider that a
> privacy issue. To be honest, if you look through the output, it should
> not be hard working out whats going on

Sorry - it had scrolled off the screen and I hadn't realised just how much
there is - almost 2000 lines.  I've posted the output to
http://filebin.ca/ggqvkc/centos.txt

When I first set up CentOS I had seen what havoc conflicting repos could do,
so I tried to set up fairly tight priorities.  Maybe I got some of them wrong.
All the same, from that output I can't understand what's happening, so I'd be
glad of the help.  I don't think the 0.19-1 package is among those excluded.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group