[CentOS] stock openjdk vs. epel

Thu Jan 7 07:44:11 UTC 2010
Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>

> Hey, thanks. I'm trying it out.

There was some issue with the build on x86_64 and I created a new SRPM:
http://www.argeo.org/linux/argeo-el/5.4/plus/SRPMS/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-33.b16.el5.argeo.2.src.rpm

Please test with this one.

Or you can download ready made binaries:

x86_64 (take the one with .2.x86_64 at the end):
http://www.argeo.org/linux/argeo-el/5.4/plus/x86_64/

i386:
http://www.argeo.org/linux/argeo-el/5.4/plus/i386/

> I'm concerned the yum update against the base/updates of Centos will
> keep trying to install that crappy older version that Centos carries.
> Have you tested that?

No I have no tested that, neither the i386 to be frank.
I will see if I can find time to set up a yum repo today, so that it
will make it easier.

If there is interest (please let me know), I am also considering
creating a package which will NOT override the existing one.