[CentOS] centos 5.4 :: linux-2.6.32.2 compile error (via nano L2200 at 1600)

Thu Jan 7 10:12:41 UTC 2010
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch> wrote:
>> Hi! I try to compile an vanilla kernel 2.6.32.2 on centos 5.4 and i have
>> this error :
>
> Out of curiosity, why are you rebuilding the kernel? Is there a driver
> you need which isn't supplied by the elrepo repository folks?
Well, the thing is that i lack power scaling (i understood that the
module should have name something like overhaul .. or something)
Given that this is an samba home server with very little load is a pity
that it stays all the time at maximum freq.. elrepo guys are fantastic
and from them i have the vt1211 driver for the sensors .. but i dint see
that they would have also scaling drivers in their repo.
Thanks,
Adrian