[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Fri Jan 8 13:50:25 UTC 2010
Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

> " Maximum 3.5" hot-swap drives density 36x (24 front + 12 rear) HDD bays"
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/4U/847/SC847A-R1400.cfm
>
> Did anybody else think "WTF?" when you saw that picture?
>
> I have seen crazy stuff, but that one is pretty high-up on the list....
>
> Doesn't that make cooling problematic?

And what do you think of the arrangement of the 48 disks in a thumper?

Anyway, you can have cooling problems even with 2U cases and just six
disks if you have faulty fans so I do not really see a problem with the
Supermicro case. You just need working fans.