[CentOS] Apache/Cluster issue -- Single public IP address

Fri Jan 8 17:15:13 UTC 2010

> avi at myphonebook.co.in wrote:
>
>> Is this the end of the road, for installing apache as a service with ONE
>> public IP
>> address??
>
> You sure you have the right solution? Using RHCS for web serving
> seems really complicated, I would use a load balancer instead. Myself
> I have most experience with F5 gear but there is LVS on linux(never
> used it). With load balancers you can often offload things like
> SSL, compression, etc. It makes life much easier for scaling, since
> you can have multiple systems serving content for the same public
> IP, and add/remove more at will, really trivial to manage.

I've worked with a competitor of F5, Radware, and their load-balancing
appliance was quite good. I would NOT recommend trying to use IBM's Tivoli
WebSeal, which does software load balancing and Other Stuff....

          mark