[CentOS] How do I...

Sat Jan 9 05:24:36 UTC 2010
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 10:07:56PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 21:05 -0500, fred smith wrote:
> > Given a pile of html files, comprising chapters of a book, with a
> > single
> > html file that serves as a table of contents to the group, how would I
> > turn the entire book into a single PDF?
>
> cat chap*.html > temp.html
>
> Load openoffice
> File - New - Text document
>
> Import - File
> temp.html
>
> File - Export to PDF

Gosh, that works! :)

It never dawned on me that I could just blindly munge multiple HTML
files together, end-to-end, and have them render properly. After
opening the combined html doc it took a little editing but I now have
a nice looking pdf.

thanks!

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.