[CentOS] Moving LVM from one machine to another

Sat Jan 9 13:40:01 UTC 2010
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 08:32:51AM -0500, Robert Heller wrote:

> You do a "vgscan" and 'vgchange -a y' manually.  This should put the
> right stuff in /etc/lvm/.

That's what I hoped :-)  Now the resync has finished I'm gonna try a
reboot and see what  happens!

Thanks!

> It is rare/unusual to 'add' LVM volumns to a running system from some
> 'outside' source (as you did via a disk transplant).  Linux installers

Typically it's meant to be done with vgexport/vgimport, but in a DR
situation...

--

rgds
Stephen