[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS-5

Sat Jan 9 18:57:56 UTC 2010
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 01/09/2010 06:31 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Christoph Maser wrote:
>> Sure, your opinion. But to me the question was "a suitable laptop for
>> running CentOS" not "what is the best OS to run on a laptop"
>
> And as you might have noticed, there weren't an overwhelming number of replies
> from people happy with their experience with CentOS on laptops.  It's not
> unreasonable to use/recommend the best thing for the intended purpose and CentOS
> isn't a particularly good fit on a laptop.

That's your opinion. I'm perfectly happy running CentOS on my Dell XPS
M1330, and furthermore pretty much everything works fine straight out of
the box:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Dell/XPS_M1330

Those that are happy don't always speak up. Mostly it's those who are
unhappy or have things not working that you hear from.

JMHO.