[CentOS] Can't Compile Driver due to Missing version.h

Sun Jan 10 03:23:38 UTC 2010
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

Mufit Eribol wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> On 01/08/2010 12:24 PM, Mufit Eribol wrote:
>>

>>> I use a raid card on my Centos 5.4 server. Whenever I updated the
>>> kernel, I used to compile drivers of the card for the new kernel. I have
>>> done this many times in the past without any problem.
>>>

>> what raid card is this ?
>>
> It is Highpoint rr2310 card. Yes, I know it is soft type.

I have two different rocket raid cards and both need to have the driver
re-compiled with every kernel release - that's not a big issue, just
need to remember to do it whenever the kernels bumps. This is true for
rr174x and rr222x
The other thing both these need it to have sata_mv.ko removed!! If the
supplied file is left in /lib/modules/<kernel
version>/kernel/drivers/ata/ the box fails to boot.
HTH