[CentOS] Raising ftp priority?

Sun Jan 10 09:15:47 UTC 2010
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> I need to ftp all of the files & folders of CentOS 5 server through
> WS_FTP . But it just lets for /home/www user login , but not root user
> . As I want to see and have all of  files , can you please let me know
> how can I raise the ftp priority such that WS_FTP can login as root user .

prsuably that would be through the configuration fo whatever FTP server
your CentOS host is running...   probably vsftpd

...but you do realize, FTP uses plaintext passwords on the network, and
anyone who can sniff any link between you and your server gets your root
password?

much better to use something liike SCP/SFTP/RSYNC for your authenticated
file transfers.