[CentOS] looking for kernel-xen- 2.6.18-164.el5

Mon Jan 11 19:56:02 UTC 2010
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi> wrote:

> You don't have to install the kernel rpm to dom0/host.
>
> You can install the kernel only to domU, and use Xen pygrub to load the
> domU grub.conf and kernel+initrd from the guests filesystem.
>
> Are you really saying you can't find that kernel rpm? It's available
> from every CentOS (FTP) mirror.
>
> -- Pasi

The application, fluidVM, that I'm using relies on the kernel to be
installed on the host dom0 in order for the domU to work - i.e. it
doesn't use pygub. But I got it working with "yum search kernel-xen
--showduplicates"

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers