[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Tue Jan 12 12:29:11 UTC 2010
Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

Per Qvindesland wrote:
> Hi
>
> Appologies I have not been following the thread here so am just
> wondering if you have a MSA, EVA, XP left hand san or if this is just
> storage that sits on the server with samba share? also what link is
> between fc or ethernet.

If you are asking me, then there is no external direct attach storage.
HQ (Bradbury School is an ESF school) provided the thing and it has two
disks in mirror mode for a db and four disks in raid5 mode for system
and the vle (customized moodle) with a 512 MB BBU module for the P410i
controller. They added a 4-port Intel Gigabit adapter too but that is of
no consequence with storage right now.