[CentOS] kickstart %pre help on C5.4

Tue Jan 12 19:45:14 UTC 2010
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Alan McKay wrote:
> The following %pre script hangs on me - I get the little GUI window
> that comes up and says "Running pre-install scripts" and it hangs
> there

Maybe a different approach? I set variables on the kickstart
command line for custom options and have the installer evaluate those
options. For example, by default all systems get a swap partition of
4GB. If I specify "swapsize=1024" as part of the install command line
then that system gets a 1GB swap partition.

I think your %pre command is hanging because it's waiting for
input.

nate