[CentOS] Get Me Outta Here! Web site security issue

Tue Jan 12 20:28:40 UTC 2010

> Hi All,
>
> I have a CentOS 5.4 web server. I have some stuff that runs on 443.
>
> When I hit https://<the site>
>
> The user gets a warning saying that site identity could not be verified
> and the user can add an exception if they want.
>
> How do I stop this from happing? Do I need to buy an SSL cert? Aren't
> these really expensive per server and I have 5 servers I would need to do
> this too.

The *only* way is to buy certs. And it'll be one for each sitename. And
you'll have to answer a *lot* of questions.... Security's cranking up,
esp. if you're accepting credit cards, in which case it's *really*
ratcheted up.

       mark