[CentOS] more kickstart - saving %pre decisions for %post

Wed Jan 13 15:34:10 UTC 2010
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

So speaking of things that do not work as advertised, my
--log=/some/log/file is also not working, it seems

In any case, here is what I tried.

In %pre I do this :

echo > /tmp/foobar <<FOOBAR
foo
bar
FOOBAR

and then in %post I do :

%post --log=/root/post-install.log

if [ -f /tmp/foobar ]
then
        cp /tmp/foobar /etc/foobar
fi

[ ... bunch of stuff ... ]

# down here I manipulate all kinds of files in /etc and they
# are there in the booted image

So it seems that /tmp in %pre is not the same as /tmp in %post

Any further advice on this?

I suppose I could try mounting a network drive in %pre, copying the
file out there, then mounting it again in %post an copying it back.
But that is a lot of hackery if you ask me.
]