[CentOS] Backup server

Fri Jan 15 07:57:21 UTC 2010
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

I'm trying. Something it just isn't enough. Although the boss has a soft spot
for linux, as he also heads the  CADD (Computer Aided Drug Design)-group.

>To put it into perspective, ask the manager how much it would cost the
>business if this data was unrecoverable?  After that, if they still
>don't want to spend a few hundred $$s on the insurance, get it in
>writing that your manager understands the risk and print it out and
>post it on your office wall.

Rather confrontative isn't it? Me being a Swede, I try to avoid those
situations if possible, and find a compromise instead that both parties can
live with. 8-} Oh, and I'm a government employee, so the money I spend is
tax-payers money. Got to be careful there.

You know how that saying goes? You can chose between good, fast and cheap. But
you're only ever allowed to pick any two. For me that's IT in a nutshell. ;-)

--
/Sorin