[CentOS] OT TTW Email Interface

Fri Jan 15 19:02:28 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 1/15/2010 12:44 PM, Susan Day wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us
> <mailto:m.roth at 5-cent.us>> wrote:
>
>      > Hi;
>      > I don't know what these things are called so that I can look for
>     an OS
>      > solution. I want to install an email server interface like
>     Hotmail where
>      > people can check their email TTW. What is this called? Any
>      > recommendations?
>
>     My hosting provider gives me squirrelmain, horde, and something else I
>     disremember.
>

> Thanks.

Squirrelmail and horde/imp can act as web interfaces to existing imap
servers so they are easy enough to add on if you already have working
email.   If you are starting from scratch (and have to ask about it) you
might like an appliance-like distribution like SME server (old but
reliable) or ClearOS (used to be ClarkConnect).  Both are based on
Centos code but install with most things you want pre-configured and an
easy management interface.  I haven't tried ClearOS yet but it looks
interesting if they have really done away with the email user limit on
the free version.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com