[CentOS] mysql Workbench

Tue Jan 19 13:09:34 UTC 2010
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM, John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:
> From: Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
>
> Google pointed to this:
> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/

Thanks. But it doesn't seem to have MySQL Workbench.

Some update:

>From the IRC Channel:
"hi rajsand, yes, akojima managed to get it done, but there are a few
minor things that need to be disabled as centoss gtk version is rather
old"

"repo: no, rpm: soon (if everything goes as planned, tomorrow),"

"rajsand, but if you are on in about an hour we can maybe hand you
over some pre-release testbuild"

So fingers crosses ...

I also wanted to know how to enable blackhole engine in mysql as
centos ships only with MyISAM, MEMORY, InnoDB, BerkeleyDB adn
MRG_MYISAM engines by default. S I guess I must absolutely setup my
own building from source thingie.

BTW, just a small doubt: will using the SRPMs and building a package
from that break any compatibility etc. etc. say just enabling
blackhole and NDB engine in mysql and rebuilding it?

Thanks for all the responses

Regards

Rajagopal