[CentOS] routing multiple network cards on a single subnet

Wed Jan 20 17:50:40 UTC 2010
R-Elists <lists07 at abbacomm.net>

> I'm starting to wonder if the simplest solution to this is to punt.
>
> If I put a $40 router between eth2 and the big scary world,
> then eth2 could become 192.168.whatever.whatever, and then
> this routing issue would go away on its own and it could
> still talk to the outside world (and vice versa) on its IP
> address from Access.
>
> I assume, based on the fact that I have never encountered
> this before on machines with multiple ethernet cards that
> were on different subnets.
>
> Or would this still not work as it should?
> --

Frank,

i know this has been addressed on the list a few times recently yet i dont
know if that will give you a solution.

ummm, why do the two different networks need an IP on the same subnet ?

can you just bond and bridge and have the same ip on both or ???

is this a redundancy thing?

 - rh