[CentOS] routing multiple network cards on a single subnet

Wed Jan 20 18:52:20 UTC 2010
Bob Beers <bob.beers at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 11:33 -0500, Bob Beers wrote:
>> man iptables-save
>
> That would dump the table to a file, but what would I do with the file
> after that?  I imagine there is a way to feed that back into the ip
> command and reconfigure it, but I could do that with rc.local and avoid
> one step.
>
> Again, I'm obviously missing something.

Sorry, you're right, I'm completely off base.  Forget iptables, you're
asking about
 iproute2.

You can save your ip route commands in the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory
 files for each interface route-ethX.  They will then be automatically
called when the
 interface is brought up on reboot, or with 'service network restart'.

IIANM, simple put all args after 'ip route add' as individual lines in
the file(s).

I hope this is actually helpful this time.

--
-Bob