[CentOS] totem: something wrong with gstreamer-plugins-ugly

Sun Jan 24 23:12:37 UTC 2010
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 01/24/2010 04:07 PM MHR wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:47 AM, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
>> So how are people getting totem to play movies?
>>

> I've never been able to get totem to work at all on any of my CentOS
> machines.  There's some magic involved that I don't know.
>
> I use xine and mplayer, and they handle most everything, thought xine
> is better for movies.  Thus, I am not a totem user.
>
> Good luck.

I did have xine working fine at some point in the past... don't remember
exactly... it might have even been on my previous linux distro.  I just
tried to install it with yum and I got multiple screens of dependency
errors... so I'm not going to even attempt to wade through it now.  If
you see a post here later (days, weeks, months) about getting xine, feel
free to jump in.

Thanks for the tip,
ken