[CentOS] The directory that I am trying to clean up is huge

Wed Jan 27 00:42:23 UTC 2010
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 1/25/2010 8:49 AM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>> Anas Alnaffar wrote:
>>> I tried to run this command
>>>
>>> find -name "*.access*" -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \;
>>>
>> Should have been: find ./ -name \*.access\* -mtime +2 -exec rm -f {} \;
>
> No difference.  If the path is omitted, current versions of find assume
> the current directory, and double quotes are fine for avoiding shell
> expansion of wildcards.  (But, I'm guessing the quotes were omitted on
> the command that generated the error).

Well, like you said, I cannot imagine the above command line generating
a "too many arguments" error. That only makes sense if find was fed too
many arguments.