[CentOS] Postfix 2.6.5 in CentOSplus?

Wed Jan 27 09:31:47 UTC 2010
Dirk H. Schulz <dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de>

Joseph L. Casale schrieb:
>> according to several findings on the web I tried to find postfix-2.6.5
>>

> If you actually need a feature in 2.6.5, Simon Mudd has been releasing them
> officially for postfix for ages...
>
> http://www.postfix.org/packages.html Which leads to ->
>
> http://ftp.wl0.org/official/2.6/RPMS-rhel5-x86_64/

Afaik they are 64bit packages, and besides that he adds mysql support
and patches I do not know (and hopefully not need).

I tried using the spec file from the regular CentOS postfix src.rpm to
rpmbuild 2.6.5 with it (I just changed version numbering in the spec).
That did not work, applying some patches failed. Has anybody tried that
successfully before?

I do not want to end up compiling manually on a production machine, but
I am not deep enough into rpmbuilding to tweak my own spec file.

Dirk