[CentOS] Starting a java applet from the desktop

Thu Jan 28 19:35:33 UTC 2010
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Thu, January 28, 2010 10:17, Kwan Lowe wrote:

> Easiest thing is to just create a shortcut that calls the jar
> properly. The procedure depends on the desktop, but for the most
> part it's just a rightclick on the desktop, then on the "link"
> field you'd put in your command and the path to the jar.  I keep
> all my jar files in ~/bin/java/jar and my shortcut does:
>
> java -jar ~/bin/java/jar/myapp.jar

Thank you for this information.  I had tried creating a custom open
command through properties but did not think to specify the -jar
switch as part of the command.  I tried again with the missing
switch added and now it opens the application when I double click on
it.

Canada  L8E 3C3