[CentOS] NFS vs SMb vs iSCSI for remote backup mounts

Thu Jan 28 23:32:30 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 1/28/2010 5:13 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> nate, why not? Is it simply unavoidable at all costs to mount on system
> on another, over a WAN? That's all I really want todo

You are introducing unpredictable delays and possible
retries/disconnects into kernel layers that aren't very well prepared to
deal with them.  It may mostly work, but I assume you wouldn't be asking
if you were happy with it.  There might be something you could do with
mirroring over DRDB if you are willing to duplicate the disk space on
both sides - but you could use rsync for that too.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com