[CentOS] APC Smart-ups "status codes" (slightly OT)

Fri Jan 29 22:01:35 UTC 2010
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On 1/29/2010 2:53 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Idiot "change battery" led stays on.

By chance, I just did an RBC 23 change the other day.

The docs I got with it said to let it charge for 8 hours, then do the
self-test.  On my UPS, that means holding the On button for a few
seconds.  (A single regular press does nothing but make it beep, if it's
already on.)

You might also want to write the battery change date to the UPS.  I
don't know if it will affect the light, but it'll help you figure
battery life when it comes time to change them again years from now:

# upsrw -uadmin -s battery.date=01/29/10 apcrm at localhost

Adjust names as appropriate.