[CentOS] Browser related question

Sat Jan 30 04:37:21 UTC 2010
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

Thanks for the reply.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Agile Aspect <agile.aspect at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's clear what it is you're trying to do, but If you're running
> Apache, turn on

I am not running apache and it may not be feasible as the clients are
not endowed enough.

> If the client can't reach the site, then it should be clear the server
> won't be able to log the attempt.

In fact this is exactly the condition I wanted to capture as
unavailability window

FWIW, I am approaching this with tcpdump

tcpdump -s 0 -A -i eth0 -n -q -tttt '(dst host <mumble> and dst port
80) and tcp[13] == 2'

Basically checking for the SYN flag in the outgoing traffic.

But it is generating too much data for my purposes.

Another approach I have in mind is running a proxy and logging the
outgoing  connection -- will that be resource hungry? I've never tried
squid

Ideas?

Regards

Rajagopal