[CentOS] Update update failed on filesystem-2.4.0-3.el5.x86_64

Emmanuel Noobadmin

centos.admin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 06:45:29 UTC 2010

I was doing a upgrade of an existing machine from 5.4 to 5.5.
Everything else worked except for this rpm
filesystem-2.4.0-3.el5.x86_64

It seems that it's trying to unpack the file into the CentOS DVD mount point

> Error unpacking rpm package filesystem-2.4.0-3.el5.x86_64
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /media: cpio: lsetfilecon

Would it be safe to manually download the rpm then install it locally,
or would that not work either? I haven't restart the machine because
I'm concerned that not updating this file could mean the filesystem
becomes inaccessible.