[CentOS] xulrunner-devel dependencies

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Jul 1 16:34:37 UTC 2010

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/07/2010 16:08, Bowie Bailey wrote:
>
>> Then these start pulling in their own dependencies and I wind up with a
>> list of 43 new packages being installed for dependencies.  I just find
>> this really strange since none of these were required for the previous
>> version.
>>

> That is quite interesting. I guess the question next is : was the
> machine in a state where all deps resolved cleanly before you attempted
> the install ?

As far as I know, these machines had everything installed cleanly via
yum.  And all of my 5.x systems show the same behavior.

> Although, the new xul ad firefox update were a major step forward.

That may explain it.  That's basically why I was asking here.  I saw two
options -- either the package had been legitimately updated with the new
deps, or it was a packaging error that added in some extraneous deps.

--
Bowie