[CentOS] setuproot: moving /dev/failed:No such file or directory

Bernard Lheureux

bernard.lheureux at bbsoft4.org
Tue Jul 6 11:17:20 UTC 2010

Since my upgrade of the CentOS 5.4 to 5.5, it is impossible to boot from
kernel 2.6.18-194.xx but older kernel (2.6.18-164-xx) boots perfectly
The message I get is: setuproot: moving /dev/failed:No such file or
directory*
*And I get a Kernel Panic...
It seems like the system was unable to mount /dev in ram, then it cannot
find it...
How is it possible and how to solve this ?*

*--
(°-   Bernard Lheureux Gestionnaire des MailingLists ML, TechML, LinuxML
//\ http://www.bbsoft4.org/Mailinglists.htm ** MailTo:root at bbsoft4.org
v_/_ http://www.bbsoft4.org/<<<<<<  *>>>>>> http://www.portalinux.org/