[CentOS] kernel: Machine check events logged

Alexander Farber alexander.farber at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:32:33 UTC 2010

Hello Mark,

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:51 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> First, this is *very* bad - I'm not good enough on this to tell you if
> it's the CPU, or the motherboard, but it's one of the two, *not* just
> memory. Second, if you're paying for hosting, and it's *their* server, you
> need to get on the phone with them *now*, and tell them that they need to
> fix it, yesterday would be preferable. They *should* have seen the logs.

yes, thanks for confirming this.

I've called them few hours ago
and they are currently performing "hardware tests"
with my dedicated server now.

Stupidly they (Strato.de) have refused to
move my HDDs to another machine and
then just test the old machine "offline" :-(
(Not the best service, but I'm locked
by an 18-month contract...)

Regards
Alex