[CentOS] DNS problem while trying to join windows 7 to samba3x pdc

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:44:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 12:03 -0500, Doug Coats wrote:

> Here is the testparm -sv you requested.
>
> For a short explaination of the IP's listed.  We have two domains.
> One served by 192.168.6.1 and one by 192.168.5.1.  I am currantly
> upgrading the 192.168.6. network to Windows 7. Or atleast trying.
> 192.168.4.1 is our gatway and the two servers listed above act as file
> servers and routers for their domains.  I hope that makes sence.
>
> Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
---
To be truth full I think you have an out right mess going on here.  One
thing your smb config is 10 miles long.

Start over on a fresh install test machine and try joining the W7
machine to it.  Then take your changes and merg into your current
working machine config.  Life will be a lot easier.  One change at a
time.

John