[CentOS] Linux Kernel Physical Interface Limit

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Jul 14 14:51:51 UTC 2010

----- "Brian T. Brunner" <BBrunner at gai-tronics.com> wrote:
> [...]

Even if the limit were lower, such as 10 physical interfaces as mentioned before, I have to imagine that the host system would have issues dealing with the number of interrupts needed to *PROPERLY* service all of those interfaces in addition to the other system hardware. They may all work, but your performance may be horrible. In that case, I would think one or two 10Gbe interfaces to a nice switch and the necessary VLANs would perform nicely.

Just my $0.02 USD.

--Tim