[CentOS] Linux Kernel Physical Interface Limit

Benjamin Franz jfranz at freerun.com
Wed Jul 14 18:31:19 UTC 2010

On 07/14/2010 10:30 AM, JohnS wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 08:52 -0700, Benjamin Franz wrote:
>

>> I've got six machines with 6 Gb interfaces (two on motherboard, 4 on a
>> card) right now (the design called for 3 bonded pairs on separate nets
>> for redundancy).  I haven't tried IPV6 on them. I had 'issues' with
>> bonding and VMs though.
>>
> ---
> Can you give me "sar -I SUM" the last timed entry intr/s?  How many
> CPUs?
> I'm not questioning you but on the curious side.

On the heaviest loaded machine:

10:10:01 AM       sum   1637.48
10:20:01 AM       sum   1640.73
10:30:01 AM       sum   1653.58
10:40:01 AM       sum   1617.78
10:50:01 AM       sum   1727.97
11:00:01 AM       sum   1767.88
11:10:01 AM       sum   1798.93
11:20:01 AM       sum   1782.14

Average:         INTR    intr/s
Average:          sum   1365.55

This is on a dual processor machine with a total of 8 cores.

The highest I see on any of the machines for the last 24 hours is a
brief (one ten minute interval) peak of 5300 intr/second during system
backups and nothing over 3000 otherwise.

--
Benjamin Franz