[CentOS] Xen cpu requirements

Victor Padro vpadro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:20:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:12 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote:

> On Wed, July 14, 2010 14:09, Brian Mathis wrote:
>
>> Are you checking the stats from inside the dom0 or a domU?  What's the
>> output of 'uname -a'?
>
> In dom0; I haven't gone ahead creating domUs yet, until I'm sure I've got
> the dom0 right.
>
> [localddb at prcapp00 ~]$ uname -a
> Linux prcapp00.pinerivercapital.local 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5.centos.plusxen #1
> SMP Wed Jul 7 12:25:41 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I ran a yum update after installing from the DVDs I had from a week or two
> ago, and have rebooted since that update (there wasn't a new kernel in the
> update).
>
> --
> David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
> Snapshots: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/data/
> Photos: http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery/
> Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

Most of the times there are two inputs under the BIOS for
Virtualization, Processor Virtualization and Mainboard Virtualization,
they're not explicit as I stated but perhaps it just states as VT-D or
something that you may overlooked it.

Saludos.

--
Linux User #452368
http://twitter.com/vpadro

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"