[CentOS] Xen cpu requirements

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Jul 14 19:48:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, July 14, 2010 14:20, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 01:47:00PM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
>> I found one BIOS entry, "Virtualization technology"; it was initially
>> disabled, but I enabled it before I installed CENTOS, and verified that
>> it
>> was still enabled later (I reported enabling it in my original message).
>> I'll check for other suspicious BIOS entries, but more than one for this
>> would be unusual, wouldn't it?
>
> That's the entry. But reports are some systems need to be fully powered
> off
> for the entry to be effectively changed - some BIOSes evidently are flakey
> about it.

Now *there's* something I wouldn't have thought of trying on my own.

Okay, I can get physical access to the system, and probably even pull its
plugs (I'm not really used to dealing with the complex cabling mess at the
back; I'm mostly a software developer with some sysadmin duties for the
small number of Linux boxes in this Windows shop).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info