[CentOS] LDAP / NSCD shadow caching problem

Gary Greene ggreene at minervanetworks.com
Thu Jul 15 23:47:13 UTC 2010

On 7/15/10 1:14 PM, "Brian Marshall" <neorosbob at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What you're looking for is information on sitecustomize. Look at
>> /usr/lib/python2.4/site.py for more information.
>>
>> --
>> Gary L. Greene, Jr.
>> IT Operations
>> Minerva Networks, Inc.
>> Cell:  (650) 704-6633
>> Phone: (408) 240-1239

> Hi Gary,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I don't have a file /usr/lib/python2.4/site.py but I don have a
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/site.py. I looked at site-packages/site.py
> and didn't see anything in there that looked like I could define or add to my
> site-packages search path. I see where it's looping the path items. What is
> the normal way to define/add to the python environments search path for
> site-packages?

The /usr/lib/python2.4/site.py is found in python-2.4.3-24.el5_3.6 (running
CentOS 5.3.)*

Also, you could use the PYTHONPATH environment variable to help with this.
It acts much like $PATH in that it is a colon separated list.

* For those on the list that might say "upgrade to latest", I can't. It's
running our production RT for the IT department here and if I take it down,
I'd loose most of my productivity being bombarded by email in my inbox....

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations