[CentOS] Desktop Supercomputer

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Jul 17 10:43:56 UTC 2010

On 07/17/10 2:11 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Q. If I can compute in cloud, in which cloud can I supercompute at an
> affordable or sponsored cost?

what is it you want to compute?   what hardware resources do you want to
bring to the table?   what is this cloud of which you speak?

 From all what I gather, its not that easy to use the Tesla
GPU-as-a-processor stuff, its really only suitable for a specific class
of problems, it won't virtualize (I think you implied in one of your vague

> I may be a gamer, AE student, Graphic designer, renderer and so forth.

and that helps define your requirements... how?

> Now which part of above you did not understand?

all the parts you left out.