[CentOS] Desktop Supercomputer

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 22:14:12 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Thanks Les for your reply. (I dont top-post normally, but this was an emergency)

On 7/17/10, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you looked at Ubuntu's setup?  I don't think it deals with GPU's but it
> might be an easier starting point than building from scratch, and if
> anything
> outgrows your resources it can move to Amazon's ec2.

The point is, why should we not have and use our own resources?

> http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/private
>
> But, I think you need to look at storage and compute facilities differently
> in a
> cloud model.  Storage needs to be HA and redundant.  Computing needs to be
> able
> to fail and be replaced.

1. I am not able to understand  your above statement clearly. (see my
earlier replies on this thread)

2. I believe (and have experienced including and mother and father),
that nothing and/or everything is (ir)replacable.

4. I am not confused (See point 1)

Regards,

rajagopal