[CentOS] 2X app server alternatives

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Jul 19 01:34:51 UTC 2010

On 07/18/10 11:15 AM, Silviu Hutanu wrote:
> Yeap, but it will be nice to be based on VNC, actually I use Ulteo
> Virtual Desktop ( http://www.ulteo.com ) I'm trying to figure out if
> there is a better alternative.2X app server is just an example of a
> better alternative.
>
> NX could be also an alternative.

I suspect you'll need to define what your requirements are before
discussing alternatives to some commercial package.   2X runs windows
apps on a windows server, using the RDP protocol.     apparently if
you're considering VNC and other such things, none of those are
requirements, leading me to wonder just what your requirements are.

otoh, this discussion really has nothing to do with CentOS per se.