[CentOS] Finding DHCP IP of guest system

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Mon Jul 19 14:00:15 UTC 2010

Rudi Ahlers wrote, On 07/16/2010 02:56 AM:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote:
>> My dom0 /var/log/messages doesn't have anything on assignments to guests.
>> bs004 (ID 9), for example, currently has 192.168.1.143, but there's
>> nothing about that IP in dom0 /var/log/messages.

is the dom0 a static IP or a static DNS name?
If dom0 is static in some way, how about having the syslogs on all the domUs setup to all send their
logs to the dom0?
You might have to use logger(1) on boot (rc.local?) to add a message that will help you distinguish
between the different hosts.

--
Todd Denniston