[CentOS] Want MySQL source rpms pertinent to CentOS 5.4; what packages should I request via yum?

Kenneth Wolcott

kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:44:31 UTC 2010

Hi;

I want MySQL source rpms pertinent to CentOS 5.4; what packages should I
request via yum?

I first went to mysql.org but I could not find (perhaps I am blind) any
MySQL source tarballs or rpms, only binary rpms.

I would like to compile MySQL from source.

BTW, what happened to centos.org?  When using Firefox or Chrome it looks
like it is text-only as if I were visiting it with lynx!

Thanks in advance for pointers/advice towards answering a very lame
question.

Ken Wolcott
kennethwolcott at gmail.com