[CentOS] Odd fsck problem

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 20 18:54:59 UTC 2010

Kwan Lowe wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>
>> Note that my manager tried to run one on another server, also attached
>> a JetStore, and it also stopped at the exact same point. This has never
>> happened before, and fsck has handled these in the past.
>>
>> Anyone seen anything like this, and/or have ideas as to what I can do to
>> fsck to at least *tell* me why it was gagging?
>
> Hmm.. my fsck uses 'V' rather than 'dd' for verbose..

Nahh... -d is debug; I tried that,and got nothing, then dd, hoping that
would increase the verbosity of the debugging statements, of which there
were none.

> Maybe try attaching with strace to see if it's still doing anything??

I s'pose I could try it again tomorrow - it takes a while, and I don't
want it running overnight, when it's doing backups. That's a thought.

        mark