[CentOS] wget and resulting filenames with mirror option

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Jul 28 21:55:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, R P Herrold wrote:

> From: R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] wget and resulting filenames with mirror option
>
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>
>> Anyone know a way around this? I am using the mirror option so I don't
>> have to keep track of what to get making it simple.
>
> my apology in advance for suggesting another tool, but, there
> you are ...

What about rsync ?

rsync(1)

NAME
        rsync — a fast, versatile, remote (and local) file-copying tool

SYNOPSIS

        Access via remote shell:
          Pull: rsync [OPTION...] [USER@]HOST:SRC... [DEST]
          Push: rsync [OPTION...] SRC... [USER@]HOST:DEST

        Access via rsync daemon:
          Pull: rsync [OPTION...] [USER@]HOST::SRC... [DEST]
                rsync [OPTION...]
rsync://[USER@]HOST[:PORT]/SRC... [DEST]
          Push: rsync [OPTION...] SRC... [USER@]HOST::DEST
                rsync [OPTION...] SRC...
rsync://[USER@]HOST[:PORT]/DEST

        Usages  with  just  one  SRC  arg and no DEST arg will list the source
        files instead of copying.

DESCRIPTION
        Rsync is a fast and extraordinarily versatile file copying  tool.   It
        can  copy  locally,  to/from  another  host  over any remote shell, or
        to/from a remote rsync daemon.  It offers a large number  of  options
        that  control  every  aspect  of its behavior and permit very flexible
        specification of the set of files to be copied.  It is famous for  its
        delta-transfer  algorithm,  which reduces the amount of data sent over
        the network by sending only the differences between the source files

Regards

Keith