[CentOS] DHCP failover ... Some questions.

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 29 13:03:23 UTC 2010

> >  The servers will balance the pool(s) between them. It's actually fun (for
> >  personal preference values of "fun") to tail the logs on both servers
> >  after starting the slave and watch dhcpd communicate.
>

> So they "only" balance the pool and no 1:1 assignment from
> IP:Host-MAC-address.

 Sorry, I had to re-read your original posting ...

 The best way to set this up is to have a minimal dhcp.conf on both servers
 that contains global definitions and the failover section, and then includes
 another config file that contains everything else - the shared-network block
 with pools, groups etc. This second config file is the same for both servers
 and you need to keep it in sync.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.